Friday, February 25, 2011

Rep. Broun issues a statement

A statement from Rep. Broun on the town hall meeting situation.  This was a response to what I talked about earlier here and here.  I don't doubt that the statement shouted by an attendee was unpleasant for Broun. I just think that it called for an immediate response from him that it wasn't appropriate.

I guess here is my standard for Republicans and Democrats dealing with a situation like this:  What would Atticus Finch have said during the meeting? 

My guess:  "Well, sir, I know you are just joking, but that is something we shouldn't even joke about. Tea Party members have been unfairly portrayed as being violent, and you know you're not and I know you're not, but we shouldn't say things that will serve to foster that unfair impression."  Then he could have gone on with the response he gave to the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment